- New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- New Jersey Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Family and Medical Leave Lawyer
- New Jersey Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
- New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyer
- New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- New Jersey Unpaid Overtime or Wages Lawyer
- New Jersey Severance and Separation Lawyer
- New Jersey Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- New Jersey Contract Review and Negotiation Attorney
Those who feel an employer has taken advantage of them might think they have nowhere to turn. However, a skilled Oakland Employment Law Attorney can help. Their job is to utilize both state and federal laws to help employees who’ve been wronged or mistreated at work.
If you’ve been harassed, terminated wrongfully, or discriminated against, there can be a lot to gain by receiving legal advice. An experienced Oakland Employment Law Attorney can help you document what you’ve encountered and help you find out and assess your options.
Not only do employment law attorneys help employees fight for their rights, but they also assist employers in ensuring their company policies comply with state and federal laws. That helps to reduce the chances of getting sued by employees and foster a better workplace environment for everyone.
At Sleemi Law we are employment attorneys in Oakland, New Jersey. We have extensive experience in assisting a wide variety of employees and employers with their employment law issues. Not only do we help people in Oakland, but we also serve those in Saddle Brook and other parts of New Jersey. Call us today if you are facing employment law problems.
COMMON EMPLOYMENT LAW CASES WE TACKLE
Many of the employment law cases we handle relate to:
- Employment discrimination e.g. age discrimination, disability discrimination, race discrimination, religious discrimination, and sex discrimination.
- Wrongful termination.
- Sexual harassment.
- Whistleblower claims.
- Compensation disputes.
- Unequal pay.
- FMLA claims.
- Hostile work environment.
- Retaliation claims.
- Leaves of absence.
We successfully defend employees against discrimination, harassment, and other work-related claims. Additionally, we help employees to recover significant monetary settlements if they have been treated unfairly by an employer.
It’s worth noting that we also help businesses or employers comply with state and federal laws. Moreover, we assist employers who are facing a lawsuit from a former staff member who claims that they were wronged by the company. We aim to help both employees and employers.
EMPLOYMENT LAWS IN NEW JERSEY
In New Jersey, both state and federal laws apply. New Jersey employment laws generally cover the following topics:
- Discrimination Laws.
- Child Labor Laws.
- Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Health and Safety.
- Leave Laws.
- Family/Medical Leave (FMLA).
- Labor Laws.
- Mass Layoffs.
- Minimum Wage.
- Meals and Breaks.
The state-specific employment laws in New Jersey offer additional protection beyond what is availed by federal laws. State laws apply despite the number of employees an employee has, whereas federal laws mostly apply when an employer has surpassed a certain number of employees.
Claims that are related to New Jersey state employment laws are handled by the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights. Any complaints related to federal laws are tackled by U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Some of the federal laws that regulate employment law issues are:
- Age Discrimination Act (ADEA).
- Equal Pay Act.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Whistleblower Protection Act.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act.
RETAINING AN OAKLAND EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY
Employment law matters can be complex, so it’s essential to speak with a professional Oakland employment law attorney who knows what laws apply in different situations. Whether you are an employee or an employer, Usmaan Sleemi and Sleemi Law attorneys can help you. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.
Law Office of Usmaan Sleemi
New Jersey Office:
90 E Halsey Rd,
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054