- New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- New Jersey Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Family and Medical Leave Lawyer
- New Jersey Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
- New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyer
- New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- New Jersey Unpaid Overtime or Wages Lawyer
- New Jersey Severance and Separation Lawyer
- New Jersey Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- New Jersey Contract Review and Negotiation Attorney
An unfavorable workplace situation can make your life miserable. If you feel that the employer is violating your rights, you don’t have to accept and move on. The employee/employer relationship has always been highly regulated by federal, state, and local authorities. Cliffside Park Employment Law Attorneys at The Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi have the necessary experience to provide individually customized advice and guide you through the entire legal process.
Our Cliffside Park Employment Attorneys focus on various laws concerning the relationship between employees and employers. If you are an employer who needs to lay off an unsatisfactory employee or an employee who feels that you have been treated wrongly by your employer, you can benefit from the services of our employment law attorneys. Some professional employees like pilots, police officers, and teachers belong to labor unions, which have particular employment law and negotiation procedures to protect the members of the unions. The Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi employment law attorneys understand the laws that apply to your particular case and how you can use the law to safeguard your rights.
Federal and New Jersey employment Laws
There are many laws that protect workers. Here are some of the most important ones, both on the federal and state levels, that govern employment in Cliffside Park, New Jersey:
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- Construction Industry Independent Contractor Act (CIICA)
- New Jersey Prevailing Wage Act
- New Jersey State Wage Payment Law
- New Jersey State Wage and Hour Law
- New Jersey Family Leave Act (NJFLA)
- New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD)
What is the most common employment law claims?
Our employment law legal team commonly handle various types of cases, including the following:
- Whistleblower protection
- FMLA claims
- Wrongful termination
- Retaliation claims
- Hostile work environment
- Unequal pay
- Sexual harassment
- Employment contracts and negotiations
- Overtime and wage violation claims
- Leaves of absence
WE PROTECT WORKERS IN NEW JERSEY
Both the state and federal governments have enacted regulations to protect workers in New Jersey. These regulations are intended to protect employees against breach of contract, wage violations, retaliation, harassment, and discrimination. According to these laws, your hiring, promotion, or firing can only be justified by experience or job performance.
If you feel that you have been unfairly fired or not hired based on one of the employment laws, it is good that you fight for your rights. However, it can be very challenging to understand your options and proceed to defend yourself. You require a skilled and experienced Cliffside Park Employment Law Attorney to defend you and explain your legal options.
At the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi, we are fierce advocates for new Jersey’s workforce. We educate our clients about the rules and regulations that protect them, and we fiercely fight for your rights whenever they get violated.
If you feel you have a legal claim with your employer, The Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi can help. Whether you have not received your rightful benefits or wages, been discriminated, been treated unfairly, or simply require assistance negotiating an agreement or contract, we will examine your legal options. Our attorneys have the experience and expertise to contest for the best possible outcome in every employment law claim. Contact us today to verify if your claim is valid!
Law Office of Usmaan Sleemi
New Jersey Office:
90 E Halsey Rd,
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054