Any petitions for employment law violations that relate exclusively to the state of New Jersey have to be put on record with the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights. In contrast, federal employment legal claims are recorded with the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Some of the local New Jersey employment laws include:
- New Jersey Equal Pay Act
- Conscientious Employment Protection Act
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
Several laws preside over employment law affairs including:
- Equal Pay Act of 1963
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989
- Age Discrimination Act
When you need a Rockaway employment law attorney
Since employment law lawsuits are complicated, it is crucial that you consult a Rockaway employment law attorney to explain to you the laws that might apply to your particular claim. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help.