- New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- New Jersey Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Family and Medical Leave Lawyer
- New Jersey Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
- New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyer
- New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- New Jersey Unpaid Overtime or Wages Lawyer
- New Jersey Severance and Separation Lawyer
- New Jersey Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- New Jersey Contract Review and Negotiation Attorney
Both employees and employers can face a host of legal issues that come in different forms, including wrongful termination, hostile work environment claims, and whistleblower retaliation. Employers must ensure their procedures and policies are in line with all federal and state laws. Employees who feel they have been treated unfairly under one of these laws may have the right to bring a claim against their employer for compensation and any owed benefits. This is where an Englewood employment law attorney can help.
At the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi, our employment law attorneys in Englewood can assist both employers and employees with legal issues that arise in their place of employment or operation. We can assist employees to obtain compensation if their rights were violated. However, we can also provide advice to employers who may be facing litigation or need someone to review their employment policies and procedures and ensure they are in line with all federal and state laws. Contact our office to learn more about our services and how we may be able to help you.
EMPLOYMENT LAW CASES WE CAN HANDLE
There are a number of different types of legal issues that can fall under the heading of employment law litigation. Some of the more common types of case we handle, can include:
- Hostile Work Environment: All employees have the right to perform their work duties in an environment that is free from abuse, intimidation, bullying, discrimination, and any other types of harassment. If an employee is unable to carry out their job duties because or one or more of these issues, he or she may have grounds to file a hostile work environment claim.
- Workplace Discrimination: This is also called employment discrimination and is when an employer acts with an unlawful bias against a current or prospective employee.
- Unpaid Wage or Overtime Claims: Disputes about wages and overtime are some of the most common employment law related claims. A standard workweek is defined as 40 hours. Anything beyond that would entitle an employee to get overtime pay, unless the employee qualifies as exempt or is classified under one of the allowed salaried positions. If an employer fails to pay an employee the overtime they deserve, it can be a violation of both federal and state laws. Intentionally or negligently misclassifying an employee to not pay them overtime can also open the employer up to a claim.
- Wrongful Termination: Employees in New Jersey are subject to “at-will employment” laws, which means that an employer has the right to terminate an employee whenever they feel like it, but they are not allowed to violate any state or federal laws in doing so. Employers who terminate employees due to their membership in a protected class could be liable for wrongful termination.
CONTACT AN ENGLEWOOD EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY
If you have any questions about federal and state employment laws in New Jersey, it’s best to speak with a knowledgeable Englewood employment law attorney. No matter whether you are an employer who has received a claim for wrongful termination, or you are an employee who feels they were wrongfully discriminated against, let the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi assist. Contact our office at 973-453-4060 to set up a consultation.
If an employer fails to provide employees with information regarding tip credits pursuant to the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) Section 3(m), then employees must be paid at least $8.44 per hour in addition to allowing employees to keep all tips received.
Law Office of Usmaan Sleemi
New Jersey Office:
90 E Halsey Rd,
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054