- New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- New Jersey Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Family and Medical Leave Lawyer
- New Jersey Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
- New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyer
- New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- New Jersey Unpaid Overtime or Wages Lawyer
- New Jersey Severance and Separation Lawyer
- New Jersey Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- New Jersey Contract Review and Negotiation Attorney
As an employed individual, you have certain rights. These rights are guaranteed at the federal and state levels to protect you from being injured on the job, from facing discrimination in the workplace, and from having your labor exploited. Despite numerous laws at the federal and state levels, employee rights violations occur regularly in the Garden State and across the nation. If you are a victim of this type of violation, an experienced Fort Lee employment law attorney can help you exercise your rights and pursue compensation for your related damages.
Contact the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi today to discuss the rights violations you feel you have faced in the workplace. Your lawyer is your advocate, and we strive to help every client seek justice.
NEW JERSEY VS. FEDERAL EMPLOYMENT LAW
Most employers in the United States are required to comply with the federal laws that exist to protect employees. These laws include:
- The Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964;
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993; and
- The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938.
In addition to these laws, New Jersey has laws in place that protect most employees working in the state. These laws include:
- The New Jersey Conscientious Employee Protection Act; and
- The New Jersey Law Against Discrimination.
Violations of federal employee protection laws are handled by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and violations of New Jersey laws are handled by the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR). If you are not sure which agency is the right one to handle your case, your lawyer can determine this for you.
CASE TYPES WE HANDLE
Our team works with individuals facing the following case types:
- Hostile work environment
- Whistleblower rights violations
- Family and Medical Leave Act violations
- Wrongful termination
- Contract negotiations
- Sexual harassment
- Employment discrimination
- Severance reviews
- Wage and hour disputes
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS AS AN EMPLOYEE
Document every incident you experience where you feel your rights have been violated. This documentation is the evidence you will use to support your claim if you choose to file one.
Before filing a claim, though, bring your documentation to your employer’s Human Resources department. Usually, issues like those listed above can be resolved internally. If your employer cannot do this, bring your evidence to an experienced employment lawyer to determine whether you have grounds for a claim. If so, your lawyer will work with you to file and pursue your claim.
WORK WITH AN EXPERIENCED FORT LEE EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY
When you are facing an employee rights violation, your lawyer is your advocate. Do not wait to start working with an experienced Fort Lee employment law attorney to stand up for your rights and take legal action to protect them when necessary. Get started on your case by calling 973-453-4060 today to set up your initial legal consultation with the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi.
Law Office of Usmaan Sleemi
New Jersey Office:
90 E Halsey Rd,
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054