- New Jersey Sexual Harassment Lawyer
- New Jersey Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Family and Medical Leave Lawyer
- New Jersey Hostile Work Environment Lawyer
- New Jersey Equal Pay Lawyer
- New Jersey Employment Discrimination Lawyer
- New Jersey Unpaid Overtime or Wages Lawyer
- New Jersey Severance and Separation Lawyer
- New Jersey Whistleblower Retaliation Lawyer
- New Jersey Wrongful Termination Lawyer
- New Jersey Contract Review and Negotiation Attorney
Employees face a lot of challenges in the workplace. When these challenges involve violations of an employee’s rights, he or she has the right to take action and pursue compensation for the damages he or she suffered as a result of the violation. Although the employee can pursue this compensation by him- or herself, working with a Fair Lawn employment law attorney can increase his or her chance of resolving the issue satisfactorily.
If you feel your workplace rights have been violated, do not wait to start working on your case with an experienced employment lawyer. Our team at the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi is here to help you exercise your rights.
EMPLOYMENT LAW CASE TYPES WE HANDLE
Our firm represents employees facing the following case types:
- Severance review cases;
- Whistleblower violations;
- Sexual harassment;
- Wrongful terminations;
- Employment discrimination;
- Hostile work environments;
- Contract negotiations;
- Wage and hour disputes;
- Equal pay disputes;
- Retaliation; and
- Family and Medical Leave violations.
TAKING LEGAL ACTION TO RESOLVE YOUR RIGHTS VIOLATION
Most employees in the United States are covered by our federal employee protection laws. These laws include:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- The Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
- The Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938
- The Family and Medical Leave Act of 1993
Additionally, New Jersey has laws in place that provide even greater protections for employees. Two notable examples are New Jersey law’s explicit prohibition of discrimination based on sexual orientation and our state’s paid family leave programs.
The type of rights violation you face determines the government agency with which you may file a violation claim. If you feel your federally guaranteed rights were violated, you may file a claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). If the violation you experienced involved a state-level law, you may file a claim with the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights (DCR). After reviewing your case, your lawyer can determine which of these agencies should receive your claim.
Once the EEOC or DCR receives a violation claim, it investigates the case to determine whether a violation has actually. If so, it may facilitate a settlement for the employee or file a lawsuit in pursuit of compensation for the employee’s damages.
WORK WITH AN EXPERIENCED FAIR LAWN EMPLOYMENT LAW ATTORNEY
Do not simply stand back and allow your rights to be violated in the workplace. You have rights as an employee, but it is up to you to exercise them. If you cannot resolve the issues you face within your company, your next step should be to discuss your case with an experienced Fair Lawn employment law attorney to determine whether you have grounds for a violation claim. Get started with the Law Offices of Usmaan Sleemi today by calling our office at 973-453-4060 to schedule your initial legal consultation.
Law Office of Usmaan Sleemi
New Jersey Office:
90 E Halsey Rd,
Parsippany, New Jersey 07054