Employment Law –– Employers
We provide preventive counseling to small and mid-sized employers on a wide range of compliance issues and evolving statutory requirements, including those related to wrongful discharge, discrimination, sexual and other forms of harassment, family and medical leaves of absence, and disability.
We also work closely with human resource professionals on many other personnel matters, such as pre-hiring considerations, employee manuals, and employee job performance and termination issues.
If dispute arises, we have extensive litigation experience. We regularly appear in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies such as the United States Equal Opportunity Commission, the United States and State Department of Labor, and the New Jersey Division on Civil Rights.
Our services include:
- Employment litigation defense
- Counseling with regard to personnel matters
- Representation before administrative agencies
- Negotiation of separation/severance packages
- Preparation of employment contracts, including restrictive covenants and nondisclosure agreements
- Preparation and review of employee manuals and employment policies
- Investigation of harassment complaints
- Conducting training regarding sexual and other unlawful harassment
- OSHA compliance and other safety and health issues
- Wage-hour and other labor standards issues